The following County safety recommendations are provided for organizations participating in the Adopt-A-Road Program.
- Horseplay will not be tolerated.
- No intoxicating beverages or illegal drugs will be brought to the work zone or consumed prior to litter removal.
- While removing litter, group members should wear gloves and good shoes.
- Sunglasses, hat and sun block should be considered.
- Adequate supply of drinking water should be readily available.
- Knives, matches, axes etc., cannot be carried by members while removing litter.
- Do not attempt to compact trash sacks to gain room for more litter.
- Car pool to the site to reduce the number of vehicles.
- Post a lookout to be aware of traffic situations and monitor volunteer activities.